1 small preferred whole fish (hake, yellowtail, kingklip) approximately 700g
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
A pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon, sliced thinly
1 small red chili, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves (you can leave the skin on)
- Preheat your Italina Pizza Oven.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking tray and position the whole fish on top.
- Use a sharp knife to make shallow cuts on both sides of the fish.
- Drizzle the fish with olive oil, then season it with salt and pepper.
- Lay the lemon slices over the fish, and evenly sprinkle the chopped chili.
- Crush the garlic with a knife and place it around the fish on the tray.
- Once you Italina Pizza Oven is ready (when the fire has died down and the embers only remain) place your fish in your Italina Oven.
- Bake for about 30 -35 minutes, depending on the fish’s size.
- You will know when It’s done when the flesh becomes opaque and easily flakes with a fork.
- Once out the oven, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins onto the fish.
- Serve your wood- fired baked fish with a side of rocket leaves and drizzle any remaining lemon juice over it.