FORNO A LEGNA
Pizza Ovens by Italina
A Wood Burning Stainless Steel Pizza Oven. Perfect for the home or business. Is Light Enough To Move. Can Be Used To Make Pizza, Baked Dishes, Roasts As Well As Bread.
See our selection of wood-fired pizza ovens and more…
Wood-fired pizza ovens - why use them?
- Authentic flavour: One of the main benefits of a wood-fired pizza oven is the flavor it imparts to the food. Wood-fired ovens operate at high temperatures, reaching up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit or more. This intense heat causes the sugars in the wood to caramelize, creating a smoky, complex flavor that can’t be replicated in a gas or electric oven.
- Quick cooking time: The high temperatures of a wood-fired oven also mean that food cooks much faster than it would in a traditional oven. A pizza can be cooked in as little as 90 seconds in a wood-fired oven, giving it a crispy, wood-fired crust that is impossible to achieve in a gas or electric oven.
- Energy efficiency: While wood-fired ovens may require more upfront investment, they are much more energy efficient in the long run. They rely on a renewable fuel source (wood) and don’t require electricity or natural gas, which can lead to lower energy bills.
- Outdoor cooking: Wood-fired pizza ovens are often used for outdoor cooking, which is a great option for those who love to entertain. The oven can be the centerpiece of an outdoor kitchen, providing a gathering place for friends and family to cook and socialize.
- Health benefits: Cooking with a wood-fired oven has some potential health benefits as well. The high heat of the oven can help to kill off bacteria and other contaminants, making the food safer to eat. Additionally, the high heat of the oven can help to retain more of the food’s nutrients, as opposed to traditional cooking methods which can cause some nutrients to be lost.
- Versatility: While wood-fired pizza ovens are great for cooking pizza, they are also versatile enough to cook a wide range of other dishes. From roasting vegetables and meats to baking bread and pastries, the possibilities are endless with a wood-fired oven.
Overall, wood-fired pizza ovens offer a unique and authentic cooking experience that is difficult to replicate with traditional ovens. From the delicious, smoky flavors to the quick cooking times and versatility, it’s no wonder that these ovens are becoming increasingly popular among home cooks and professional chefs alike.
Some history of Wood-fired pizza ovens
Wood-fired pizza ovens have been around for centuries, with the first known examples dating back to ancient Rome. The Romans were known for their love of baked goods, and they used wood-fired ovens to cook a variety of dishes, including bread and pizza.
Over the centuries, wood-fired ovens have evolved and have been used in various cultures around the world. In Italy, wood-fired ovens were a staple in the home kitchen, and many families had their own ovens for cooking bread, pizza, and other dishes.
In more recent times, wood-fired ovens have gained popularity in the United States and other countries, with many restaurants and home cooks using them to create authentic, wood-fired pizzas. Today, wood-fired ovens can be found in a variety of settings, from backyard patios to professional kitchens.
The history of wood-fired pizza ovens is a long and rich one, with these ovens playing a crucial role in the history of cooking and food culture around the world.
Portable pizza oven?
Yes, Italina stainless steel pizza ovens can be made portable or mobile with wheels as well. Please contact us for more information.
Locally Manufactured - Handmade & Assembled
Selection Of Colours
Indoors & Outdoors
STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
26 Van Zyl St, Gants Plaza, Strand, 7140